Wednesday, November 19, 2008


Last saturday we had a party and I decided to make butternut squash ravioli. I was left with loads of extra pasta dough and butternut squash so last night Devi and decided to make the rest of it and store in the freezer.  Devi was completely taken by the idea that you can put anything you want in the ravioli, so she requested that we put banana's in it.  So we did and this morning for breakfast we had banana ravioli pan fried in butter and drizzled with maple syrup.  It was delicious,I highly recomend it.  Now we are contemplating making chocolate ravioli, yummm...













2 comments:

Erin Skipper said...

that's awesome. i had a very similar theme in my breakfast today. i made butternut squash bread then made french toast with it. i topped it off with cooked bananas in coconut milk and lime juice ...and of course maple syrup. yum. but banana ravioli? never heard of such a thing.

Lonica said...

Oh my God. I love that you are incorporating creative cooking with pictures too into your blog! I just made butternut squash gnocchi recently and boiled it but forgot the second step of cooking in the recipe -to saute/fry it! It was gummy and I forced Sky to eat it. Then I realized, finished cooking it and I thought it was delicious. But Sky still reminds me and everyone (remember that day when you made me eat something you hadn't even cooked yet?) Anyway I am inspired by this recipe of Devi's alterations and clearly must try it!